Top reasons why you should migrate to Microsoft Azure from SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud today!
At Dynapt.ai, we hear a lot from customers who are using HANA Enterprise Cloud (HEC) and most of it is complaints and bad experiences that they have on an ongoing basis.
Here are the top 4:
1. Lack of full control over infrastructure – you have to go to HEC support team for almost any and everything you want to change whether small or big!
2. Unacceptably high response times when provisioning new infrastructure – isn’t cloud all about on-demand resources?
3. No transparency on cost – you sign annual contracts and that too fixed ones, and all this time we were thinking Cloud means Pay as You Use and for only what you use!
4. Support is limited to SAP software – biggest pain point and key reason customers want full control over their infrastructure so that they can resolve not covered by SAP promptly
When you migrate to Azure from HEC, not only do you get rid of these ongoing problems but also get other immediate benefits:
1. SAP is deployed under your own Azure tenant
2. You have full transparency and 100% control over infrastructure
3. Quickly scale up or down infrastructure capacity to meet fluctuating business demands
4. 99.9% guaranteed uptime greatly reduces the risk of an outage
5. Effortlessly spin up environments for new projects, training or testing purposes in hours, rather than months/weeks (and only pay for what you use)
6. Easy integration with other business applications, including Office365
7. Delve into a feature rich platform that links business applications to a variety of cutting-edge technologies such as Mobility, Data & Analytics, IoT, AI & Cognitive Services, and Security & Identity etc.
8. Reduce IT infrastructure costs by 45% to 75% and only pay for the capacity and services that you use
Finally, the most important one – Get a comprehensive Azure and SAP managed services experience.
Let’s get into this in a bit more detail as this is where you get the most value of being out of HEC into Azure.
Your partnership with Dynapt.ai and Microsoft Azure delivers great value!
As part of this strategic partnership, you will get comprehensive Azure and SAP Managed Services.
Let's look at Azure Managed Services potfolio:
•Storage Bucket (Blob Storage) Monitoring
•CPU / Memory / Storage Utilization Monitoring
•Network and Utilisation Monitoring
•Cost Trend Analysis and Reporting
•Cost Optimisation Recommendations
•Backup Monitoring - Daily / Weekly
•Inventory Report - Monthly
•MIS Report - Monthly
•Firewall Report - Daily / Weekly
•Gateway Firewall Configuration on Cloud side
•VM Firewall Configuration on Cloud Side
•OS Patch Management & Hardening incl SSH
•OS Security Kernel Parameters
•Instance Security Group Management
•Kernel Parameters (Only OS related parameters)
•OS Limits Configuration
•On Premise Hardware Troubleshooting
•OS & Patch Upgrade
•Network Design and Subnetting
•VPN Tunnel Establishment
•ExpressRoute / Direct Connect / Partner Interconnect Configuration
•On Premise Network Configuration
•Gateway Configuration (Cloud)
Firewall Appliance Configuration
•Version / Firmware Upgrade
Disaster Recovery(If Applicable)
•Implement DR setup
•Develop disaster recovery plan
•Monitoring of data replication to secondary site
•Maintenance and change management for systems at DR site
•Execute DR Tests (data center and technical system infrastructure
•Execution of productive failover in case of an officially declared disaster
•Execute DR Drills
Let's look at SAP Managed Services potfolio:
•Analyse SAP system log and fix technical failures
•Monitor SAP work and update processes
•Monitor & Analyse lock entries
•Check for ABAP dumps
•Administer SAP Logon Groups
•Troubleshoot SAP system performance issues
Client & System Copy Operations
•Create, Copy, Delete Client & System Refresh
•Perform client export/import and System Copy operations
•Transport Clients between SAP systems
•Investigate & resolve technical errors.)
•Administer batch input sessions
•Supervise ALE scenarios
•Monitor interface middleware
•Monitoring of SAP-Connect
•Monitoring of interface scripts/jobs
•Restart of interface jobs
•Initialize escalation process if necessary
System & Notes Installation
•Installation of SAP system
•Technical configuration (post-processing) of installed systems
•Integration of system with other SAP systems
•Apply SAP Notes
•Implementation of Kernel patches
Change Control & Output Management
•Configure and maintain SAP STMS, setup of transport routes
•Transfer and release of transport requests
•Execute transports to move objects between SAP systems
•Management of standby databases for high availability
•Create and check optimizer statistics
•Perform upgrades of database
•Apply database patches
•Perform database backups and restore
•Perform table/tablespace/database reorg
•Solution manager- setup and configure EWA, technical monitoring etc..
•Provide data user/change management for audit
•Basis support during SAP user license audit
•Daily , weekly and monthly MIS and quarterly governance meeting
•Maintain activity groups
•Define overall security plan & profile requirements
•Support client audit requirements around security profiles
•OSS connection Open/Close
•SAP Router Start/Stop connectivity with SAP systems
Dynapt’s Azure & SAP Managed Services offerings help enterprises overcome complex, high-cost Azure & SAP technology & deployment landscapes, resulting in improved infrastructure, application performance, and better business results.
Contact us today, we are on standby with our team of certified Azure architects and SAP consultants to help you get the best of Azure!